Friday, September 19, 2008

Happy Cake

This week has been a pretty good week for a little girl. She has gotten to eat Happy Cake twice!! She is so pumped. Monday was Pop's(Ricky's) birthday. As part of the birthday celebration, Ryan and I cook whatever the birthday person wants for their birthday. Pop wanted some fajitas and we readily obliged. Before we ate, I was trying to get Ella to sing Happy Birthday to Pop. Everyone but Ella sang Happy Birthday to him. While we are eating Ella announces she is ready for some Happy Cake. I told her before she could eat any she had to sing Happy Birthday to Pop. We waited and no song. So we all begin talking again and she starts singing happy birthday in her sweet voice. We all stop to hear her and she stops singing. We start talking again and she starts singing again. We kept talking quietly so Pop could hear her sing. It was so sweet!

Then my grandmother had her birthday on the 17th, but she wanted to celebrate last night. I tried to get her to let me fix supper for her, but she said it would just be easier to go eat. Ok, I'm not going to argue with an 88 year old woman. (I pick my battles! Sometimes!) Anyway at supper Ella announces again she is ready to go to mamaw's house to eat some happy cake. By this time she knows she is suppose to sing Happy Birthday, but still refuses. Everyone had a piece of cake and was talking...and she finally pipes up and starts singing Happy Birthday.

I don't know why she is so stubborn. Must take after her dad!!

1 comment:

Ryan Mills said...

her being stubborn can be attributed to you and your dad.