Thursday, September 25, 2008

Am I a Terrible Mother?


Oh my poor son!! He has a big red strawberry in the middle of his forehead. It is not small either. I feel terrible. Let me tell you what happened...
In second grade, the kids get to begin to compete in UIL events. Tanner had chosen to try-out for two events. However, on Monday, we find out that the two events he would like to do at competition time are usually close together and he may not be able to do both. So, we think ok, he won't do one and just do the other. But, what we didn't know, he still needed to try out for both of them. Poor Tanner should have been practicing all week on his poem for his try out. Yesterday came the time to try out and Tanner was nervous because he had not practiced his poem at home like he was suppose to because his parents are idiots!! But because he is so nervous, he scratches his head until he has a strawberry! He got to try out with a poem that he spent maybe 5 minutes on and apparently did a pretty good job. Every time I look at his head I feel terrible that he was so nervous about screwing up because he didn't practice!! I know, he survived, but I feel like I failed him.

4 comments:

Amy said...

Live and learn!! I have at least one or two "i'm an idiot parent" moments each week!! Next year, you'll know!!:) That's how I learned also!! Koop tried out for spelling this week and DID NOT STUDY ONE WORD!! And the spelling test isn't one of those wing-it kind of tests!! I'm not sure I could spell some of those words!! Idiot parent moment #1 for this week!!:)

Marci said...

I thought it was suppose to get easier the older they got...Now I realize why kids think parents are stupid!!

Ryan Mills said...

it's not like we haven't had just a little bit going on this week.

Fun Family Fitness said...

I have those moments alot here lately....I just can't keep up with the kids crazy schedule and mine too...you are a great mom and you love your kids...just think you have a great story to tell his kids...steph