Friday, September 5, 2008

Blessing?

We just found out today that my parents are not moving. I have mixed emotions now, like I did when he found out he was one of the finalists to be interviewed. He was actually one of the top two. Anyway, it brings a huge sense of relief to me, but along with that relief comes guilt for being happy that they are not going and sadness for my dad. In the words of my father "If it were meant to be, it would have happened. There are other things in store for us." I was telling a very good friend today about it and she said that it is a blessing because now they don't have to worry about selling their house, finding another one, trying to get packed up and everything that comes with moving to a new town. She is right. But I still feel guilty for being happy they are not leaving.

I love my dad and admire him for his strength and dedication that he has. He works very hard and is a very stubborn man, and Ryan says I am a lot like him. I admit that I am. I know my dad is not perfect, but I am fine with that. He is the reason why I am who I am. He taught me to be independent, sometimes too much!! He taught me how to work hard, be happy and how to roll with what has been given to us, no matter how tough it is. I am glad he is not going and excited that my family and I will be able to spend more time with them and create more memories. Have more Saturday morning breakfasts with them, go to church with them, eat lunch with them and yes, have a babysitter(I know, I am being selfish!).

2 comments:

TREY MORGAN said...

I agree 100%. You have a very good dad!

Amy said...

Good news!! You are so blessed to have such an amazing family!!:)