Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Disconnected from the world

This weekend has been a mad house. Friday at lunch Ryan asked if I would go to Fritch with him. He said he needed help at the ball game. Being the loving wife I am, I called my mother at the last minute. Do you mind? Thank you mom, I love you and owe you so much!! We go to the game and I get to drive home as he is writing the football article.

Saturday we get up and head to go eat breakfast and then to the Jr.High for flag football. Ryan said he wasn't going to be a coach. He can't resist telling Tanner what to do and how is the best way to do it. Tanner of course, loves it!! After the game, we head home while Ryan is telling Tanner that the only reason the big girl was blocking him was because she liked him, which in turn gets Tanner all riled up and a fight persues. We get home and Ryan starts telling Tanner how to stand and how to get around big girls. Ella who is standing in her pull-up gets down in the stance with the boys and as they raise up, Ella heads right for Ryan. Oh yeah, she took him out!! I was so proud!! I told her to remember how she did that so if a boy messed with her, she could take them out!!

Later Satruday we get a phone call from Josh Johnson, Ryan's grandmother had died. So, we get to deal with his family worried not that their mother/grandmother has died, but what Ricky, my father-in-law will have to say to each of them. Anyone who knows my father-in-law knows he is a man of few words. But let me tell you. I have never seen him mad, much less so furious that I was afraid he was going to have a heart attack. The family decided it would be best just to do graveside services so the family didn't have to all be together for too long. If they would have, there might have been a killing.

I feel like so much has happened in the world and I know none of what is going on. I hate feeling that disconnected. I had to look at a calendar today, just so I would know what day it is and what I would need to do for the rest of the week. I know that I have still been working, but right now everything seems so surreal!!

4 comments:

Charla (SHar-la) said...

I'm so sorry to hear about Ryan's grandmother and that his family is having hard times together.

Sounds like you're training Ella JUST RIGHT!!!

Ryan Mills said...

well, i sure am glad the mess is over. it sure wasn't fun in white trash, bizarro world for 3 days. i could have never made it without you, thank you for being there for me, but also for my parents.

Sharon said...

Oh honey! Bless you! I told Ryan, I feel like such a bad friend not being available for ya'll this week. I am through with my craziness for a day (maybe) and would love to do something for you. Dinner maybe? I know you need a break even though it's all over. Lets make a plan at Rotary. We missed you at the b-day party! Sutton asked where Ella was and of course, Jackson freaked that Tanner wasn't there. See you manana!

allie nelson said...

glad things are better!!