Thursday, November 27, 2008

HAPPY THANKSGIVING

I hope this finds everyone having a great Thanksgiving with friends and family. I know that as I type this, my house and heart are filled with love and best wishes for all of my family and friends. I cannot even begin to tell you what all I am thankful for this year. There are so many things! Even at 6:30 in the morning when my son comes to my bed, his first words this morning, "Happy Thanksgiving Mom" quickly followed by, I can't sleep anymore, what do I do? Dad is snoring in my bed and you are still asleep in here. What do I do? I love and am eternal thankful that he is pretty self sufficient! I told him that he could watch tv in the living room or one of his shows that we recorded. So, off to the living room he goes. About 30 minutes later I hear Ryan. Then the boys start wrestling in the living room. Ella wakes up and goes to see what is going on. She then comes and piles in the bed with her dad and brother! I tell Ella Happy Thanksgiving sweet girl! She tells me "Tanner said that to me too" It was too funny.
I hope that as a family, I can create good memories for my kids as my parents did for me. I remember spending time with family and everyone laughing and talking. Ryan still is not used to that. My dad's side of the family is pretty big, and when we all get together, we can get pretty loud. I remember one thanksgiving where we were sitting on my grandmother's porch in her porch swing. I know at least 7 grandkids were piled in the swing. We were swinging and the next thing you know, the swing is down on the porch. We broke her swing. She was not happy with us and we were all laughing so hard.
This is also the weekend that we start putting up Christmas decorations. The kids and Ryan are so excited. They actually wanted me to put up the tree yesterday!! I told them that we can't put the tree up before Thanksgiving. It is something that started 7 years ago. Not only will we put the tree up this weekend, but we will have to find a new ornament for everyone and a new Christmas decoration. It's another tradition Ryan and I started. Every holiday, we buy a new decoration. It's amazing, in 7 years just how many decorations I have now!! I love it though.
I wish everyone a great Thanksgiving. Love to all!

1 comment:

Fun Family Fitness said...

Happy Thanksgiving...I am so thankful for the opportunity to live in a Great town...and have such good friends...that is hard to find....love ya...steph