Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Fall Cleaning

This weekend I did the fall cleaning on the kids rooms. I clean out their closets, their toys and we do it in the fall before Christmas instead of the spring. The biggest reason I love doing it, is because I get to spend time with the kids and really get to go through their rooms and see what they have. After we clean out the toys we don't play with any longer, we take them to Ms. Angie's. I couldn't believe how many toys Tanner has and Ella for that matter too! A lot of Tanner's are toys that he has had for years that he no longer has any use for. Another funny thing I found in Tanner's room were some of Ella's toys. I would tell the kids to clean up their rooms and put their toys up. Evidently, Ella put them up in Tanner's room. At least she put them up. It took a full day alone in Tanner's room. He likes the idea of giving his toys to Ms. Angie or to someone who could use them. He realizes how fortunate he is to have as many toys as he does and not everyone is as fortunate as he is, so he is always willing to go through his toys and donate them. Ella's room took half a day. As soon as I would start putting her toys back up, she would pull them back out. Finally, she took a nap and I got everything back in it's place. Last night, she cleaned her room and even put her babies to bed. So sweet! I hope that she will enjoy doing this as much as Tanner does.

2 comments:

Amanda Kirkpatrick said...

how sweet!! love to watch little girls 'mother' their baby dolls!!!

i read somewhere about cleaning toys out in the fall and 'donating' them to mrs. claus, so that she could get them cleaned up for christmas to give to other kids!! you then take them to whomever you have chosen...kinda adds a special little twist...one year we even let the kids bag them up and put them on the porch for her to pick up...they were so excited the next morning when the bags were all gone!!!

Ryan Mills said...

Tanner is all about donating his toys. Ella, however we found tonight, is not so keen on it. We even used the Santa trick and she wasn't buying it. But my hat's off to my wife - Tanner's room was a wreck after eight kids Friday night.