Wednesday, December 31, 2008

New Year's Resolutions

I contemplated even doing this. I am not going to actually tell you all of my resolutions for the up coming year, but after I thought about it, I thought I would tell you some of my past ones. Especially the ones in the past five years.

Every year, I always ask for a healthy year. For the past 5 years, either, Ryan, Ella or myself have been so sick that we should have been in the hospital, actually been in the hospital or visited the ER. So instead of asking for a healthy year, I'm hoping that we have a year with one less visit to the hospital or doctor. And I am almost certain I just jinxed myself on New Year's Eve. Here is for hoping!!

I also ask that we are more blessed each year. And we are. We are blessed by our friends, family and jobs. We have family and so many dear friends who we love and would do anything for. Please know that we will always be willing to lend a helping hand and each of you hold a special place in our hearts.

I ask for patience each year. I need patience more than anyone will ever know. I have to remind myself daily that Tanner is still a child, not small, but who I love and adore. Even though he is smart, he is still a kid. I need patience with my daughter who is very demanding of her mother. She wants me to hold her or hold her hand or sit with me. I love it dearly, for I know that one day that will all be gone. I have to remember that daily too. I ask for patience for me to deal with Ryan being impatient at times. I also ask for patience for my husband. He is terrible with patience. I ask for his patience to deal with me. I know I am not easy to deal with all the time. I know I always have a lot to do and not ever enough time with anyone. Hopefully, I will get better.

The last thing I want is love. Every year I have been extremely blessed with love. More so in the past 5 years. Until Ryan came along, my mom and I didn't have the best relationship. He helped me open my eyes and through him I have been blessed with more from my mother, my family, from him, his family, his friends, and our children. It feels great to know that there are so many special people who we love and adore.

I wish everyone a safe, healthy and Happy New Year! See everyone next year!!

No comments: