Wednesday, December 17, 2008

It's beginning to FEEL a lot like Christmas

This year has been different for me. This is the first time in a while that I can think of that I am actually looking forward to Christmas. I made myself start Christmas shopping back in September and therefore, I am not running around at the last minute looking for presents that will do simply because I waited too long. Ryan even asked me why I was so excited. I told him because I'm not stressing over what to buy and hoping I don't go over budget. The weather in the past few days has really put me in the Christmas mood. It has been cold, which I really don't like, but what is Christmas without cold or snow? I can also say that because I wasn't out much.
I have also decided this Christmas Eve, I am sleeping in what I plan on wearing Christmas day. I'm sure you are thinking that is CRAZY!! Let me explain. On Christmas Eve, Ryan is so wound up about what Santa will bring for him and the kids that he keeps me up until 2 or 3 and then we get up at 4 or 5 to see what Santa brought. I keep telling him Santa won't come if you are waiting for him. He will relent for about an hour or two and then he is ready to see. He wakes the kids up and we all, half asleep, have to open presents. So, to save me time and so I can get a quick nap later, I will sleep in my clothes for Christmas day.
I hope everyone is ready for Christmas!! I wish everyone a HEALTHY Christmas that is filled with love, peace, joy and no sickness!!

5 comments:

Amy said...

Great post! I think it'a histerical that RYAN is the one that wakes you up at 4 or 5, not Tanner or Ella!! My kids usually wake us up around 7. I thought that was early!!:)I think the sleeping in your Christmas clothes sounds like a great idea!

Amy said...

I spelled hysterical wrong!! I am a TERRIBLE speller!! Did I spell it right this time! The comment section really needs a spell check!!:)

Ryan Mills said...

welp, there went your christmas presents.

Amanda Kirkpatrick said...

love this post!!! i can so see ryan being such a pest!!! i'm glad you just adapt and move on!!! :) that's what makes you two so perfect for each other!!!!

Ryan Mills said...

there goes yours too AKP