Thursday, January 8, 2009

Back to a routine

It amazes me that it is so hard to get back into a routine after being gone away from it for a few days. Over the holidays, we had so much candy and food that at any point in time during the day, I always found myself heading over to the candy bowl or walking by a grabbing some sort of snack. Then we stayed up late a few nights or slept a little later a few mornings. We lounged in pj's most days. Those were nice times and days.
Now, we are back to reality and it is slapping me in the face. Wait, maybe that is Ryan slapping me in the face so I will quit slapping the snooze button. I don't know, but this morning I found myself standing in the shower with my eyes closed leaning against the shower wall wishing I was still in bed. We have been back at work for almost a week and I can't seem to get it together. I find myself looking for snacks or candy to eat and not really wanting to work. The kids are not ready to go to bed at their normal time, but when we have to get up early, they are slow and groggy.
We haven't made it back to our full routine, as Sunday and Monday, were spent with friends. Tuesday and last night were partially spent at the hospital. Ella and I stayed home yesterday morning since she was running fever. Nothing serious, just a little sore throat. Hopefully, next week, I will be able to get with it. I have been trying to get back to eating better, no snacking, not much candy. Start walking/running so I won't be so out of breath by the time I get to the top of the stairs at the courthouse. Getting the kids in bed on time, the house cleaned and laundry caught back up. Being on vacation was so much easier, but that is not reality. I hope everyone else is having an easier time!!

5 comments:

Amy said...

The hospital?? Who? What? When? I must be missing something!

I am with ya on the routine thing! This week has been HARD!! I CANNOT wake up in the mornings and when I do...I am so grouchy!!

Maybe next week will be better! I hope.

allie nelson said...

routines are soooo hard to get back to...for us especially getting liv back to bed at her regular time.

understand the courthouse stairs...haha.

better luck this week.

Marci said...

Amy-My fil had a total knee replacement and we have been taking the kids to see him at night.

Amanda Kirkpatrick said...

glad to hear the update on the hospital thing...i was with amy on that one!! hope he is doing good!

i am with you on the whole routine thing....i wish we could live life in the slow lane more often!! :)

Karin said...

Tell me about it. Josh and I have a hard enough time getting back into a routine and we don't even have kids. I commend those of you who are able to herd your whole family back into routine. It's hard enough on your own. Just this week I finally felt like I was getting back to it. I'm sure next week will be better!