Monday, December 22, 2008

Weekend Wrap-up

What a great weekend we had. I'm so excited that my sister and her family came up for us to do Christmas this past weekend. We had a great time. The kids played, we ate way too much food and I got to see my nephew who is so stinking cute!! Love his little round face. I will post pics later..promise. The kids were excited over their presents. I was really surprised that my older nephew enjoyed his Spy Gear stuff as much as he did. He wore his watch all day and dang it, I owe my sister some batteries...I didn't remember it all needing batteries! Oh well. Ella got some more dress up clothes, another purse, some baby bottles and diapers for her baby dolls, and her notepad with pens!! Loved every bit of it, she did. So much so, that she has been carrying ALL of her presents around for two days now. Anytime we go anywhere, we have to wait for her to put everything in her purse, grab her wings, her diapers, her notepad, all of it just so we can go. So funny!! Tanner played with Cason all weekend. No fussing, no arguing, no tattle telling. So nice. They played dinosaurs and what not. It was neat to see how much both of them have grown up and how well they played together and used their imaginations. Now for my littlest nephew Jake. So sweet, I wanted to just squeeze him and eat him up!! (not literally) He was always pretty happy and just wanted to be in the middle of it all. My brother-in-law was at our house Saturday night to watch the Cowboys. I loved his entertainment. He is a true die-hard Cowboys fan and he was yelling and cussing at the tv, like they could actually hear him. I do not think I have laughed that hard in a while. Ryan had more fun listening to him and my dad than he did watching the game!! Loved to see and visit my sister. I miss her, and I wish that we didn't live so far away. I do enjoy going to see her and her coming here. Just wish it wasn't so few and far between.

I've been wanting to write about our year, but I may wait until December 31st, so not to jinx myself!! I truly hope everyone has a great week with family and friends. Love to all and have a Merry Christmas!!

2 comments:

Fun Family Fitness said...

I am so glad that y'all had a great time....there is nothing better than family....have a great christmas...steph

Amy said...

SO FUN!! Our family fun starts tonight! Can't wait!

Merry Christmas!