Monday, December 29, 2008

My wish!!

My Christmas wish came true!! Everyone in the Mills' house was healthy and happy this Christmas. We had a great Christmas and everyone had a few surprises this holiday. Christmas Eve was not as long of a day as I had expected, but did end on a late note. We had family movie night, and put out cookies and milk for Santa. Finally crawled in bed around 12:30. To ensure we wouldn't be up at 4, Ryan, had a few beverages. Great idea, get to sleep til at least 6!!! I could not have been more wrong. Tanner, the one who always wants to sleep later than anyone else, was up at 3:30. 3:30!! He woke up and came into my room at 4 and says "Mom, Santa has been here!" I roll over and peek from underneath my heavy eyelids at him and tell him to come get me in 30 more minutes. 30 minutes on the dot, he is in my room telling me it had been 30 minutes and he cannot contain his excitement any longer. I roll over and punch Ryan and tell him it's time to get up. He asked what time it was and then proudly announces, "I want the record to show that I wasn't the first one up this year!" We go to the living room and he sees what Santa has brought. Tanner is so excited over his Nintendo DS he can barely stand it. He also got a Mega Spinosaurus to go with his Mega TRex. I'm trying to delay getting Ella up, but Tanner has started going through her stuff, so it's time to get her up. With her eyes closed, she tells me that she can't see. The boys start telling her what all Santa has brought and she is still saying she can't see, but then all of a sudden she jumps out of my lap with a huge smile on her face and heads straight for her baby doll and stroller. The best thing for me, was seeing the look on Ryan's face when he opened his last present. I wrapped an iTunes giftcard thinking he would know he was getting an iPod and when he opened the iTunes giftcard, I thought he would know right away that the iPod was next. Obviously, he didn't know why he got the giftcard. Priceless...he was so excited, I almost started crying. He kept saying, no way, this isn't real...no way! We were finished opening presents at 5:30 and I had to delay until everyone got up at Nesey's so we could go over there. Ryan didn't want to leave his iPod, but it had to charge. Of course, Ella crashed before we got to eat lunch and I did soon after lunch. That night we went to my mom and dad's and opened presents with them and then home to bed. Tanner was trying to argue that he could stay up for a movie. His day was not complete until he was able to watch a Godzilla movie, and he finally crashed.

Ella decided to see if she could fit her in baby doll playpen...looks like she can!

This one is of my nephew who is so sweet and happy...My great grandmother is holding him and he doesn't seem to mind.


This last one is of 5 generations on my dad's side. My great grandmother, my grandmother, my dad, my sister, myself and our kids. It amazes me that she has lived as long as she has and to have seen as much as she has. She is going to be the one who out lives us all.


I hope everyone had a great Christmas!!

3 comments:

Amy said...

So fun!! I think every kid in the world got a Nintendo DS for Christmas!! Kenni and I joked that our kids were the best behaved they have ever been this year. We would look around and every single one of them would be sitting on the couch with their mouths open playing either a DS or a PSP(Koop had to be different) or a Leapster(Cale and Kenna Mae)! We laughed that they have used ZERO brain power this holiday!!:)

allie nelson said...

the generations pic is soooo nice to have...and the pic of ella in the playpen is cracking me up!

Anonymous said...

Aw so sweet...I love the picture of Ella in the Playpen...lol...
and the look on Ryan's face...