Thursday, December 18, 2008

Practice

Well, I can defintely say I am not ready for this!! Ella gave me a little practice run for Christmas Eve/Christmas morning. I'm failing miserably right now. I can barely keep my eyes open.
My sweet, wonderful, beautiful little girl went to bed at normal time last night. She wakes up this morning, not knowing what time it was, and wants me to lay in bed with her. I lay down and fully expect her to go back to sleep. Nope, the next thing I know, I feel her little face in my face telling me she is ready to watch some tv. I said it's not time to get up yet, hoping she would lay back down and go back to sleep. Yea, that didn't happen. So after an hour of laying there and her talking she gets back in my face and asks where her daddy is. I told her he is in bed sleeping. By this time I thought well, it's almost 6 and the alarm will be going off soon. So, I pick her up and we go to mine and Ryan's bed. As I round the corner I look at the clock to see if the alarm is fixing to go off.....NOPE! It was 4:48 am!! I lay her in bed and tell her that her daddy is on the other side of the bed and to tell him good morning! He grunts and groans and wants to know why I brought her to our bed. I told him, she wanted her daddy!! After wrestling with her for 15 minutes she proclaims, I'm ready to watch Tigger and Pooh momma. Ryan, who is clearly exasperated says will you just get up and put it on. I roll out of bed and take Ella to the living room and turn on Tigger and Pooh. Thirty minutes later, she wants Mickey Mouse, 30 minutes later, I tell her daddy it is his turn so I can get 30 minutes of sleep before I have to jump in the shower and head off to work at 7. Hopefully, Christmas morning I will get more of an opportunity to sleep and it won't be a surprise!!

1 comment:

Amy said...

Except on Christmas morning you'll get presents!! Then it will be worth it!!:)

How can you be angry at the sweet little face? She's a doll!