Thursday, July 3, 2008

Torn


Yesterday was a bad day for me for many reasons of which I will not go in to. Bless my husband for putting up with me. I love him dearly and he has been my rock in a time when I need him. Anyway, last night after Ryan and I went by our rent house and smelled what I am going to have to clean, our ex-tenant showed up to pick up his brooms and vacuum cleaner, which neither were obviously used. I was a little fearful that my husband would soon be arrested for assault once the guy opened his mouth. I had a few words with him myself and told him he either pay for the damages or he can speak with our attorney!! Finally he leaves and we (Ryan, Ella and I) head to my parents to give my dad the keys. All the way over to my parents house Ella is saying "Dog piss" "It smell ike dog piss momma" I was trying hard not to laugh. At least she didn't pick up on the f bombs Ryan dropped or when I told Charles just to shut the hell up. I tell dad that he is gone and I am going to have to tear carpet out of the living room as well as paint all the rooms. Dad wanted to say something, I could tell, and didn't know how to say it, except come right out and say it. He has someone in another town wanting him to apply for a job. The company tried to fill the job internally, but no one had the qualifications. The head guy told his person, who would be over my dad, to tell dad to apply for the job. He did, and I know he will more than likely get it. It will require my parents to move. I'm torn over the fact that I am so happy for my dad, but HATE to see my parents leave. My mom and I have built a good relationship over the past 7 years. I hate to see her leave, not that it will affect anything, but I will miss her terribly as well as my dad. My dad will at least get benefits again, and they will be closer to my sister. I'm happy for them, but me being selfish, I don't want to see them go. It is hard to imagine that 7 years have gone, and all of the things that have happened in those years. They have helped my family so much when they knew we needed it. I know they will continue to do it, even though they won't be here. But it is still hard. I know, I am a big momma's baby. But I now understand, now that I am older, how much I value my friendship and my relationship with my mom and dad. I know several people who have not had the luxury of having their parents live so close. I also know that I will see them again and when we do, it will be all the sweeter to see them. It's not like they are moving 10,000 miles away or I'm not going to be able to talk to them. But I will miss being able to see my mom and dad every day. At least they won't be woke up early on Saturday mornings anymore from my kids calling wanting them to come over or to go with us to eat breakfast! They will be able to sleep late on Saturday!! Maybe I need to move with them so I can sleep late on Saturday!!


A note that I forgot to add while I was blogging. My parents and I have always had a good relationship. It hasn't been an easy one and at times I was frustrated with it. It hasn't been until the last 4 to 5 years that our relationship is what it is now. I need to thank my husband for that, because really until he came along, I did not see what I was missing out on. Thank you Ryan!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Marci...What excellent memories you have with your Mom and Dad...I know in your heart it is so hard to lose that connection. It will be hard for them also. I will pray for
all of you...

Fun Family Fitness said...

I can only imagine..It is the hardest thing...It isn't that my parents leave ... it is me that moves.... Toby jokes to people that I have drawn a 90 mile radius circle around Groom and that is the farthest we can move away... I understand that it is nice to have parents around for a couple of reasons.... Nice visits... Free babysitters... and good FREE food... I will be thinking about you...steph

Amy said...

Oh, Marci! I am so sorry. You are so blessed to have such a great relationship with your parents. I hate this for you and I will be praying for you and your family.

I know you have already said it, but the best thing about living away from your parents is the excitement and anticipation of visiting them. I always loved the week before a good visit..packing, baking, counting down the days with the kids, they loved it!! I won't be easy, but you've got lots of good friends to help you!!

Love ya, girl!! I'll be praying!

Sharon said...

Hey honey! I'm so sorry I wasn't in town for you this last week. I'm home now and I'll always be here for you. I love you and I'll call and check on you Monday.