Monday, July 28, 2008

Greetings from Colorado

Hello!! I just wanted to make a quick post and tell everyone that Colorado has been pretty chilly and wet. We left 7 hours prior to our original departure time. Ryan and I decided to leave while the kids slept, so that meant we drove all night!! We pulled out of Childress at 10pm and arrived in South Fork, CO at 5:30am. I was good until we got to Dumas and I was beginning to crash. Ryan was hyped up on Red Bulls. About 5 minutes after he would drink one, he would be wired like he was on crack...He would start fidgeting and scratching!! That is what was keeping me awake, laughing at my husband. His parents were up when we arrived and very surprised to see us. We then went to eat and Ryan and I crashed for about 2 hours after that.
Yesterday was my day with Ryan and we had a great time. We got to eat good food and enjoyed a great movie. Today, they tried to fish while I was keeping Ella out of the water. She wanted to go swimming and pet the fish, but she didn't want to get in the cold water. She even tried to fish with her "Pap"(Pacifier) She would dangle it over the water and say "Here fish." We got to eat before the rain set back in again today. The weather has been wonderful and we are enjoying ourselves. I will post some pics once we get back.

2 comments:

Fun Family Fitness said...

I am jealous....it was 105 yesterday...and all of us have chosen to live here...do we need to get our heads examined..? haha...

Sharon said...

I can't believe you got out of here so early. I'm proud of you. I hope you get all caught up on rest and nice cool weather. We miss ya and look forward to hearing all about it.