Monday, July 14, 2008

Mini vacation

Ryan and I kind of had a mini vacation this weekend. It was awesome and we stayed right here in Childress!! Thursday, my mom asks me if she can take the kids to her family reunion. She knew I needed to work on the house and wanted to help me out. So Friday, I get off work, pack the kids up and Ryan and I are wondering what we are going to do for the next two days. Well, one day, we knew we would be working, but that is A LOT of time with just the two of us!! Especially when we are used to having them at home. About 6 Ryan and I are discussing what we are going to eat tonight. He says, let's go to El Sombrero. So we go, and come home. We were in and out in an hour on a Friday night!! We had a couple of movies from netflix and we decided we would watch one of them. I told him I wanted to relax and take a bath first. I did, and it was so crazy, I could actually shut the bathroom door and not be distrubed! Ryan kept walking by the bathroom to make sure I was ok!! We finally started our movie and went to bed late!!

The next morning we wake up at the usual time, 7:00 am. Our house is quiet, no children up watching tv, no one crying for momma. I felt like I was in another place. Ryan goes ahead and gets up, me on the other hand, roll over and go back to sleep. I got to sleep late!! I was super excited. I finally wake up and roll out of bed at 10:00am! Then comes what I have been dreading to do. I head over to our rent house and start cleaning. Let's just say, I wound up disgusted and almost threw up myself over the filth of the house. Anyway, we finally get the house cleaned and go home.

We get home and I told Ryan, I wanted to take another bath. I got two baths!! Not just a shower, but a nice relaxing bath!! I thought I was in heaven!! I put on my pj's and got comfortable. Ryan then tells me to get dressed, he wanted to go for a ride. So we did. By this time, my arms are starting to feel empty. I didn't tell him that though. He seemed to enjoy the peace. Our ride ends up in the cemetary. It was pretty neat. We were looking for his grandparents grave and we were just driving around looking at the other gravestones. By one of the trees I asked Ryan to stop. He did and I get out to look for my grandfathers grave. We find it and Ryan noticed something. My mom had told me last year about it, but I let it slip my mind. Ryan and I, were married on my grandfather's birthday. I asked mom why she didn't tell me that when we got married. She never answered my question. Someting else I had forgotten about was my nephews middle name. It just so happens to be my grandfather's middle name. My mom didn't tell my sister until a few years later. It is weird how we chose those things without knowing. We also found my other grandfather and my great grandparents graves as well. We kept looking for his and finally gave up and looked in the book that they have (we should have done it earlier, but we didn't!). We go look at where his grandparents are buried. We also found his other grandfather's grave as well. By this time it is getting dark so we head home.

We eventually go to bed and Ryan gets up at the usual time. I tell him not to let me sleep past 9:00am, roll over and go back to sleep. After I get up, we go eat and come home. I know the kids are coming home today, so I start cleaning, and Ryan even helped me!! We get the house cleaned and I start wondering what to do next. Yes, I had laundry going and was folding clothes, but I didn't have anything else to do in between loads. It was amazing!!

The kids come home and as I go to get them out of the car, I hear Ella screaming and crying. She did not want to come home. She wants to go to my sister's house. I have to literally drag her out of the car seat kicking and screaming. Her once fixed hair is now down all around her face. Tanner looks at me like mom, get her to hush!! We finally get inside and get their stuff out of my parent's truck and they sneak off. Ella finally settles down and starts to play with her toys in her room. My house is no longer empty, or quiet. I do not know what I am going to do, when my kids leave home. Ryan and I talked about that last night, as we are watching Gene Simmons. I laughed because Ryan will be the one who will follow the kids, like Gene did last night.

I needed that time without the kids. Even though I was busy cleaning and working, I needed that time with my husband. It gave me just enough energy to make it two more weeks. We enjoyed ourselves and are ready to go on vacation now!

4 comments:

Sharon said...

Yeah! I'm glad you had a great weekend. I kept thinking we'd get together at some point, but Mom was in the hospital all weekend and I worked. Sunday we were lazy! Hope your week is great! Love you.

Amy said...

Just got caught up on your blog. I have been out of town since Thursday. Looks like you had a great weekend! It is so good for us to have "husband and wife" time every once in a while!

Fun Family Fitness said...

I am so glad that you got that time together and away from the kids....you just have to have that time....it is healthy for you and the kids.....i am looking forward the day that little COLTON is old enough to leave and we can go for awhile...I am so excited for you...take care of yourself...steph

Jennifer Read said...

That is awesome. Now, could you keep my 7 kids so that Joey and I can have a vacation too???? Ha!