Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Busy Saturday

Do you remember me telling you that we were sent home with a box from Ryan's mom's house? Well, I had taken this picture and forgotten about it until I started downloading it from my camera. In the box that was sent was this wrap around towel/robe that was given to Ryan. Tanner saw it and thought it was too cool. So now after a shower, he proudly sports his dad's wrap!!

We had a great weekend. We didn't have much to do on Friday. We went and ate supper, then we took the kids to the park. Ella quickly figured out how to crawl up the rock formation and slide down the slide!! It bothered me to have her climbing by herself, but she was determined to do it!! Tanner got a surprise at the park. One of his friends, Caleb showed up at the park. He was pumped. He got to play with one of his friends. However, instead of playing, they were talking. Talking about what? That was my question. I said, why were you talking about Pokemon? He said we weren't mom, we were talking about how to make money without having a business or company. What? Where did that come from? And why would you be trying to figure out how to make money without a business? He started explaining it, and at one point I quit listening. My mind was blown that instead of talking about toys, or things they have done this summer, they are already trying to figure out how to make money!!
Saturday was a busy day for us. We got up early to go eat breakfast with my parents. Ella had to call! Then after breakfast, we head down to the football field for Tanner to run in the 50 yard dash. I know, I would like to say that I am a runner, but after HAVING to do it in high school I just don't have the passion to do that anymore. I admire those of you who do, I think it is awesome! So Tanner, who after much taunting from his dad, wins the race and promptly goes over to him and says, "See, I'm not that slow Dad!" He was pumped because he proved his dad wrong!!
After the dash, we headed down to the Index so we can watch the Old Settler's Parade. We get there early, so hopefully, we can have some space where the kids can actually watch the parade in the shade this year. The kids enjoyed the parade and got a lot of candy to eat!! Not that they needed any, but still all of them got quite a bit.
Next was a small birthday party for Ella. She got probably everything she could want. She got some dress up clothes, a baby doll, some My Little Pony's, and clothes. Yea!! Some of this will be able to go to Colorado with us!! As soon as she was finished opening presents, she had to put on her dress up stuff. So we got all decked out with a tutu, slippers, wings, wand, necklace, bracelet, ring and tiara, all over her swimsuit. It was too cute. Then she goes back outside and wants to get in the pool with all of her stuff on. I had to take it off, so she could get back in. Anyway, my grandmother, who is 88 years old got to come to the party too. As we are cleaning up, Mama, goes inside with Ella and Ella goes straight for her trunk of clothes. Mama had to help her get all dressed up again. I don't know who had more fun. Ella or Mama. They both enjoyed helping each other out.
We were even able to spend some time that night with a few friends of ours. We had a great time getting to just sit down and talk with them. We really had an awesome weekend. We were fortunate enough to see lots of our friends and had a great time for Ella's birthday.

I almost forgot. Ryan is super excited. When we get back from Colorado, he will be able to go pick up his car!! He is so pumped about getting it. He got a phone call Saturday saying that it will be here and to come and get it!! Oh, he was like a little kid in the candy store!!

4 comments:

Amy said...

So excited about the new car! Jason and I filled his up the other day with $25...that's awesome to the whopping $110 it takes to fill up my suburban!! Plus, it gets about 47 MPG!! AWESOME!! Can't wait to hear how he likes it.

Fun Family Fitness said...

I am glad that y'all had a great weekend....so did I....it was busy but great...happy birthday ella...I miss those little ones...take care of yourself...and you will have to come and pick us up in the car...see ya soon...steph

Sharon said...

It was a great weekend. I like it when we all get to hang out all weekend. We're lucky to have such good friends! I hope ya'll have a great time in Colorado if I don't get to see you before you leave.

SAM said...

I'm so sad I had to miss everything. Sounded like ya'll had a great time!! Have fun on vacation!!!