Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Funny things

A few things funny things have happened since my last blog. My children and husband never cease to amaze me. That is the part I love the best!! If they ever stop amazing me, I know I am in trouble.

Ella, who is trying to find her way around and be her own person, loves to mimic what everyone else does. Tanner is starting to get a little annoyed because his sister does everything he does. Sunday, we are at my in-laws having Ella's birthday lunch with them (they are gone when she has her birthday so we have to do one before they leave for Colorado).That night she wanted to spend the night at Nesey's house, because Nesey has her cake and homemade ice keem (ice cream). She even went as far as climbing in Nesey's bed with the covers. But while we are there, she keeps saying "No monster at Nesey house." How does she know about monsters? And why would they be at Nesey's house? I finally get her home and before she went to bed Sunday night, we had to check under everyones bed to make sure there were no monsters under the bed!!

Before we fixed supper Sunday night, Tanner and I were at home, I had some laundry and he just wanted away from his sister. It is time to go and we decide we will walk to their house. Tanner thinking he is so much faster than I am (I guess he thinks I am old!) opens his mouth and says, bet I can beat you. Well, being the wise mother I am, told him I bet you can't. He takes off running and I let him get to the corner of the block before I take off. I pass him and as I pass him, he tries to take me out!! He literally ran into me to get me to stop so he could win!! We make it to the corner of the second block and he now realizes that I am going to beat him and he says, "Wait mom, I need to breathe, I can't breathe." I continue on my little run to my parents and yes, I win. I know, I could have easily let him win, but to see the look on his face was priceless. He couldn't believe I could run and in flip flops.

Yesterday, my mom, Ella, Tanner and myself all went to Amarillo to go birthday shopping for Ella. Tanner gets in the car and tells me he forgot his portable dvd player and his dvd's. I let him out at the house and go get my mom. I go back to the house to pick him up and he has his arms full of his Godzilla dvd's. I said Tanner, I don't think you need the entire boxed set of Godzilla dvd's. He says "Mom, you said it was a two hour trip" How dumb of me to think that a 10 hour set of Godzilla dvd's would be too much!!

Then, my wonderful, loving husband tries to tell me that he "found" 20 t-shirts in the back of his office!! All of them happen to be Childress athletic t-shirts. Hmm. T-shirts that have 2003, 2004. Hmm...you found them you say? Or did someone bring them to you? He is so proud that he now has an additional 20 t-shirts that he can wear! He even had a whole blank spot in his closet that was calling his name to put those shirts!! As if we don't have enough. He did tell me he would let me have 1 (O-N-E!) I thought that was very generous!!(You can imagine the eye rolling). He is just as proud as punch though!!

Every day I count my blessings...the things for which I am the most grateful. My husband and kids are at the top every night before I go to bed. I love to see what new things they do the next day whether it's funny or sad.

4 comments:

Fun Family Fitness said...

I loved the stories...I am so glad that you got to celebrate ella's birthday....I am jealous about the homemade ice cream....and I am so glad that you took Tanner on...that is one of my favorite things to do...they are too funny when they want to see mommy or daddy to compete against them...that is great...take care of yourself...hope to see you Friday..steph

Amy said...

Great stories. I had to laugh about Tanner trying to knock you down so he could WIN!! Boys are so stinkin competitive. It cracks me up!! Oh, sweet Ella. I can't believe she's had a birthday! They are growing to fast!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY, ELLA GIRL!!

Sharon said...

So who brought the t-shirts? That boys is goofy! I loved the pic with the newly found headband. I'm proud of you for beating Tanner - not sure I could. Love ya!

Anonymous said...

People should read this.