Monday, August 11, 2008

Great Idea

Everyone knows I am semi working on getting rid of Ella's pap(pacifier). I was kind of hoping it would fall in a river while we were fishing or accidently get left on the bumper. But then I thought, do I really want a 9 hour ride home without it? The other night, we stopped by some of our dear friend's house and she had a great idea. Ella was talking about the moon and that her pap was broken. Sharon came up with the great idea that the moon could fix her broken pap!! Ella was a little unsure, but if it fixed her pap, she was up for it. Only problem, they couldn't see the moon. So, we took the pap home that night and the next morning, Ella was talking about the man in the moon fixing her pap. Still on her mind. I told her that the man in the moon would have to keep it to fix it and she wouldn't be able to use it!! Yesterday afternoon, I had some things to take by to some people and Ella and Ryan wanted to go with me. After we made one stop, Ella says "Here mom, send pap now" It was a very pitiful voice being she was tired. I told her we would have to wait until tonight to send it when we saw the moon out. She was quite realived that we didn't send it right then. So, last night comes and she finds the moon while it is still light outside. She holds her hand up and says "Here moon, Here my pap" She stood for a minute waiting to see what would happen and when nothing happened she brought it to me. I told her I would take care of it and send it to the moon. We lasted about 30 minutes without it. She said she needed it back. I told her it would still be broken because the man in the moon didn't have enough time to fix it. She whined a little and said ok. She then looked at me and said "Tomorrow." Thank you Sharon for such a great idea! Hopefully, it will pan out and we will be free from pap soon!!

On another note, the car is here and Ryan is pumped. After we picked it up, we were going to go eat. Ryan says, I will follow you. Ok... Well, not ok. I was going the speed limit of 40 and had to keep slowing down until I was going 20. Ryan was playing with his new car and not even paying any attention to anything else. In Lubbock, we were creeping along at 20 mph!! I thought we were going to get ran over! Anyway, his new car is here and he is so excited.

5 comments:

Sharon said...

Your welcome! I hope it works. Let me know how she does. I'm so excited Ryan got his car. It's weird to drive - huh! What color is it? Talk to you soon!

Amanda Kirkpatrick said...

how sweet..and sad...katy would still use her binky if we let her!!
can't wait to see the new car!!

Fun Family Fitness said...

I saw Ryan in his car today...I had to look a couple of times to make sure that was him....Thanks again for the meal...and the basket of goodies... you didn't have to....

allie nelson said...

cute story

Unknown said...

I always forget about your blog. I the moon worked! I miss you guys. Jessica