Sunday, August 24, 2008

And it's only Sunday

This seems like it has been a whirlwind of a weekend. I had to work on Friday and then finish up buying Tanner's school supplies, go to the grocery store and start laundry. I still wasn't feeling too good, but knew it had to get done. I get off work, head the my grandmother's to pick up the kids and then on to United and The Dollar Store to finish it off. Tanner and I got that part accomplished and then we went to buy groceries. We came home and I started laundry. The rest of the night was pretty uneventful.
Saturday started off pretty well. Ryan went with Toby and KP to see if they could find any trapped hogs. Came back that morning with a snake...the whole snake thing gives me the creeps, but at least we didn't keep it!!
Then came the annual try on everything in the closet to see what clothes we need before school starts. It took us about an hour and a half if not longer to go through all of Tanner's clothes. Not only because he has that many shirts, like Ryan, but because we can't try clothes on without both of them trying to get cheap shots in at each other. Ryan helps him pull his shirts off and on while punching him in the stomach or any other body part that he can happen to hit. Tanner also helps by getting in just as many cheap shots as possible, like a slap across the face with a shirt sleeve or as he is putting his arm through his shirt trying to punch his dad. Head butts are exchanged as well. Lovely, just lovely...makes me wonder how many children I have to raise. They have fun though.
About 3:30 we wound up in the er. I had had enough itching, that wasn't getting any better and my rash was spreading. We tried the clinic first, but they were closed so we headed to the er. Let me explain, I cleaned our rent house and wound up with ring worm. Then I had to go to the Dr. to get medicine to help clear it up. I had some ointment and oral medicine. Then I had to go back and get some prescription benadryl and Zyrtec for the itching. Only to go back and find out that I am possibly allergic to the oral ring worm medicine...thus the rash and itching. I have itched for four weeks with no relief it was only getting worse and Ryan had had enough. I told him I could wait until Sunday to go to the clinic, but I was so drugged up from the prescription benadryl and tired I wasn't arguing too much. I got to get a steroid shot and more prescriptions. And so far, I don't have near as many spots from the rash and I GOT TO SLEEP LAST NIGHT!!!! That is the highlight of my weekend. My itching MAY finally be going away!!
So, we decided last night to go to Wichita Falls and get Tanner some more pants, jeans and shoes. I can never predict his growth cycles, nor how much he will grow. But I can with Ella, I know it makes no sense. Hope everyone had a great weekend before school starts tomorrow.

1 comment:

Fun Family Fitness said...

bless your heart...I am so sorry. I wished I would have known ... I would have tried to help do something... I hope you are feeling better.... Sorry about the snake...steph