Sunday, June 22, 2008

Are you smarter than a 1st grader?

At our house, we play are you smarter than a 1st grader since Tanner just completed first grade. Thursday night last week, Ryan and I head to Rick and Denese's to pick him up. We get there and the first thing Tanner does is saddle up next to his dad asking if Ryan would like to play a Star Wars game on Nintendo DS. Tanner is still trying to sell Ryan on this idea. I'm listening and realizing that Tanner is doing exactly what his dad did in getting the PS3. Sell one of us(Ryan or I) on it and we will get it before much longer. It finally dawns on Ryan what Tanner is doing and he asks Tanner if there is a Godzilla video game he wants to play on it. Tanner's response "Well dad, I know how much you like Star Wars and we could share it." It then turns into an argument with Ryan starting it, telling him to get over Godzilla and that Godzilla is old news. Only it got turned around on him with "Dad, you need to get over Star Wars because you have been on it since you were a little boy."
Oh the joy I get to see him out witted by his 7 year-old son!!

3 comments:

Sharon said...

That's awesome! They are so much alike it's not even funny. He got out Jedied! I had fun with you this weekend. Hope you have a great week! Let me know about Wednesday.

Amy said...

That is so funny! You need to go with us Wednesday!!

Fun Family Fitness said...

I love it... kids are so funny...it is amazing what their little brains think about...take care..steph