Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Chick flicks

I honestly can say that I love having a little girl. I hope that one day we will be able to go to the movies, get pedicures and manicures together and be able to do tons of mom and daughter stuff. Don't get me wrong. I love my son and enjoy getting out with him, playing ball and playing games (because right now I am smarter than he is and can still beat him!!) But the other day, Ella and I were sitting in the recliner watching one of my favorite movies of all time-Anastasia. I know it's animated, but it is still a movie that I can watch with my daughter and not catch any grief over. Anyway, one of my favorite parts is a song "At the Beginning". It is a song about a new journey with someone you love. I never knew that meaning fully until Ryan came along. And stumbling across that movie with my daughter in my lap just made me realize how much I really do love that song and that movie, but mostly how amazing my journey in life is with my wonderful husband and two beautiful children.

4 comments:

Sharon said...

Oh my goodness - so sweet! I've never seen that movie. I'll have to watch it with you some day. I love you and am so glad that all is well in your world. I love you!

Amy said...

Such a sweet post!! Kate and I are going to get manicures for her birthday!! It is SOO fun having little girls!!

Fun Family Fitness said...

I also love having my little girl...I really am CLOSE with my mom...and I just pray that I have that same relationship with K....see you Sat...steph

TREY MORGAN said...

As a momma, it's a blessing to have little girl. My poor sweet wife never gets to have tea parties, watch chick flicks and do other girly things with her kids.

Maybe there will be a granddaughter!