Thursday, June 19, 2008

True Mills' Fashion

In true Mills' fashion, even a serious, life threatening thing always has it's laughs!! Laugh is what we were trying to do that night, despite how scared we were. The night actually started off with Ryan making fun of The Weather Channel online-he kept going outside and coming back in wondering what the people were smoking since there was not a cloud in the sky!! Needless to say, one of his trips outside came with him running back in saying the siren is going off get your shoes and let's go. And we did. Tanner, who was panicking ran out without any shoes on! Get in the Mazda and head for Rick and Denese's. Get there and we are met at the door with Rick sitting in the chair watching tv and Denese frantic ready to go to the cellar. Off to the cellar we go. Tanner still has no shoes, Ella has a death grip on me and I have my purse which of course has Ryan's snuff and phone in it and a bag that has extra's for Ella!! As we are waiting out the storm, we realize the cellar is leaking. Before we know it we are standing in muddy water not only from the leak, but because we couldn't get the cellar door closed. Before much longer we are standing in muddy water that if freezing cold from the hail...all the while Tanner is complaining because his feet are wet. Hello!! Shoes!!! I told you to get them. Anyway, he wound up standing on my feet because the water kept getting deeper and deeper. Ryan kept trying to look to see if the storm had passed and everytime he did, a piece of hail would tattoo him right between the eyes. Priceless!! We probably would have been better off inside the house inside a closet somewhere since we all emerged from the cellar soaking wet. At the time, we were scared to death, but looking back, we laugh now.

6 comments:

Toby Tucker said...

Classic story..especially the part about Ryan getting popped with hail.

Amy said...

LOVE IT!! So glad we are all safe and sound and we are able to laugh now!! My sister didn't get her shoes either!! CRAZY people!

Charla (SHar-la) said...

Oh, Marci...I'm glad you are laughing, because so am I. Mainly about Ryan getting smacked in the head with hail. I only laugh because he's okay! Hee hee. I thought about you the last two days and hoped it was mainly just a clean up thing like at our house. Let's do dinner soon!

Ryan Mills said...

I guess I'm the only one who doesn't find the humor in taking golf balls in the forehead repeatedly.

Fun Family Fitness said...

I loved the story...also...i love the part where ryan got popped...I am just glad that everyone is ok...but I don't want to have to do that again....steph

Anonymous said...

Any time Ryan gets a hit on the head, sure he deserved it....Funny story, but I have to agree with Steph...LET'S NOT DO IT AGAIN!!