Thursday, June 19, 2008

So Grateful

We are so blessed to live in the community we live. Two years ago, when the tornado hit, everyone was out for a week helping one another clean up the damage. Even the night the tornado hit in 2006, people were seen out helping one another board up windows, pull trees out of drive-ways, off of cars just so those without electricity could get some place safe for the night. The same is true for this year. I have seen so many people out helping neighbors, friends, and people they don't know. It has been an awesome experience to see. It has made me realize even more now that this is where I want to be to raise my children. So they can have the opportunity to be involved in our wonderful community.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have to say I agree with you 100%. Childress is the best. It is amazing how everyone takes care of each other...We are blessed and I am very thankful for our little tornado village! lol