Thursday, February 26, 2009

Wow!!

I cannot believe that I made it through yesterday. I knew it was going to be a busy day, but I was completely blown away by what transpired yesterday. If anyone drove by the courthouse here in town, you probably noticed the numerous cars parked around. I have never seen so many people in the courtroom here in Childress. I actually felt like we were in Carson County, where we have 60 or so defendant's every time we go to court. We had a visiting judge, who I think is good, and a lot of old cases were cleaned off the docket. Ones that have not had anything done with in a year or so. Pretty amazing what happens when things get rolling. Anyway, from the time I got to work yesterday until 6pm last night, I don't know that I sat down for more than 20 minutes. People were sent to prison, some were put on probation and some cases were dismissed. But all in all, a very busy day. I do have to say thank you to Stephanie. If you remember back in January, I was not ready to get back in the swing of things and was wanting to be in better shape to go up and down the stairs at the courthouse. Well, if it were not for Stephanie and the treadmill, that I have come to being used to, or those weights, I would not have made it up and down as many times as I did. I may have, but I would have been dead LONG before I was ever finished. Thank you Stephanie for getting me motivated!! I do have to say though, I was sore last night and this morning from climbing the stairs in heels. I don't recommend that often!!

1 comment:

Ryan Mills said...
This comment has been removed by the author.