Sunday, February 22, 2009

It happened!!

My day got worse yesterday and then better. We had our new electric water heater installed yesterday and 2 hours later, my bathroom was flooded! Yep! Flooded.
Ryan and I had something we had to go to, and I knew we would not have enough hot water to take a shower by the time I needed to take a shower. Ryan took the kids to his moms and I went to my moms to shower. I get home and I hear water pouring out somewhere. I look to the kitchen sink. The water is not running. I immediately head to the bathroom and as I round the corner I see water coming into the hall way and the noisy is much louder. One of the connections blew loose and needless to say was spraying water all over my bathroom. I call mom and tell her to get dad over to my house now. That water is spraying out of the top of the old hot water heater. I run outside to see if I can find the thing to turn off the water meter. Ryan pulls up at that time and I frantically tell him to help me find the thing to turn off the water meter. He is looking at me like I'm crazy and I tell him that water is spraying all over the bathroom. Keep in mind, we have to be somewhere in less than an hour. Dad comes in and Ryan is outside turning off the meter. Finally we get the water turned off and I start the process of cleaning up the water. All of it. My dad is fixing the connection and I am wiping down the walls in the bathroom.
I guess I could look at it this way. My bathroom is clean and so is my hall!!

3 comments:

Amy said...

Bless your heart!!! Hope it turns around soon!!

MammaBotos said...

darn it.... that does suck! I like your thinking about it being cleaned though!!! hahaha hope today wasn't as wet!!!

Sharon said...

Please tell me your weekend ended on a better note!