Thursday, February 19, 2009

Weird Cravings

Last night I had this weird craving. I wanted to eat some cucumber slices and pico de gallo. I have no idea why, but last night that sounded so good to me. Ryan and I have been trying to do better with our eating habits and sitting down to eat a meal with the kids. Anyone who has known me since I was a kid, knows I was never a big vegetable eater. About the only vegetables I would eat were, green beans, corn, corn on the cob, black eyed peas, fried squash and fresh tomatoes, ones right from the vine in our backyard. My mom always made me try three bites of everything every time we sat down to eat. I HATED asparagus, spinach, red beans, cucumbers, celery, just about any other vegetable you can think of. Now that I am older and a mom, I make my kids do the same thing. Tanner will get so mad at me and take as small as bites as he possibly can to say he ate three bites. I don't know if my taste buds have changed, but now I will eat cucumbers, fried or roasted asparagus, spinach that is fresh in my salad, peas, zuchini, egg plant, brocolli, and red beans. I just find it so weird at what I will eat and try now that I am growing up! (I won't same that I'm grown, because you are only as young as you want to be!) Does anyone else crave things like that? Am I weird? (Ryan, no response!)

1 comment:

Sharon said...

I LOVE cucumbers and often put them on my turkey sandwiches. I also love pico! Did you eat them together? Never tried that, but I wouldn't be opposed! I want to try the fried asparagus. Never had that.