Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Following Directions

Can you believe I got in trouble for not following directions? Me either! Last night, we decided to fix meatloaf for supper. Tanner loves meatloaf and was so excited. So I find this recipe in Better Homes and Gardens for mini loaves. It said divide the meat into four equal sections. So, I did and since they are mini meat loaves, I shaped them into mini loaves. Well, directions said, to form a 2 inch oval patty, (evidently, I didn't see that part) and bake for 15 minutes. I knew that it would take longer than 15 minutes. But thought, what the heck, here we go. Put it in the oven, baked for 20 minutes, checked and no where close to done. So we put them back in and after another 20 minutes, pull them back out, still not done. I then take a spatula and flattened them and throw them back in the oven for another 20 minutes. Perfect. It wasn't dry, great flavor, and Tanner did not eat it! He likes his Nesey's meatloaf better! So much for trying to make meatloaf. Ryan and I decided that we would fix it again, only not make mini loaves, just dump it in and bake it for an hour.
After supper, I went to the gym and came home to fix my bed. I ordered a feather-down mattress pad for our bed. It came in yesterday, and let me tell you, I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE my bed now. It is so soft and warm. So nice to wake up without my back hurting. I bet now that my back isn't hurting, that Ryan's will be. He said he didn't like our old bed, but I find him quit frequently in Tanner's bed sleeping nicely. He says it's because Tanner let's him play with his hair, I think he still likes that bed!!
Ryan put a picture on his blog that said he probably said something he shouldn't have. Well, I don't remember what was said, but he wasn't in trouble, but I wanted to show you a couple of other pics James took. We are so fortunate to have someone who takes such great pictures of us. I doubt we would be able to get this in a studio.

This picture I am going to blow up and have it in black and white and frame it in a black frame, I think. Haven't decided on the frame, but I really like the picture.



3 comments:

Amy said...

Koop is a huge meatloaf fan. I always use the recipe on the back of the lipton onion soup package. It's easy, and I've tried a ton of recipes and this is his favorite!!


LOVE the pictures! SO GOOD! I can't believe your hair is so long! It's beautiful!

Amanda Kirkpatrick said...

i have tried to make meatloaf, but my mom's is so good it's not even worth trying!!! :)

i love your pics!! i really love that one where ella is looking back!!! :) too cute!!!

MammaBotos said...

I made meatloaf one time in 20 minutes, yep, cooked the meat and onions first then put it in the loaf pan and baked it for 20 minutes...done.

love the pics!