Monday, October 13, 2008

Recharged and Energized Again

As I sit here typing, I have a two year old saying, "Tanner just told me no" I have no idea what he told her no about, but I'm sure he didn't meet her demand right then.

I had an awesome weekend with Ryan. I needed some time away with just the two of us. An opportunity arose to meet some of our wonderful friends at the Tech ballgame, so we jumped at the chance. The morning started at 7:45 for me and 8:30 for the rest of my family. Ella came and crawled in bed and went right back to sleep, I got up while there was still peace and no chaos. I was getting their clothes together and stuff ready for the day as I knew that my mom and dad would be doing for me. Tanner had pictures at 10:30 and a game at 11:00. I gathered his stuff up as well as Ella's bags and clothes. I walk into our bedroom getting ready to jump in the shower and Ryan looks at me and smiles...Wow! It's been a long time since he has done that!! Then this puzzled look comes over his face. He looks to his right and then back at me. Looks to his right again and back at me. This look has yet to vanish on his face. He looks at me again and this time raises up...yes, honey, you are playing with Ella's hair and not mine. I go on into the bathroom and just as I am climbing in the shower, he tells me, oh by the way, we need to be gone by 9. By 9? Are you kidding me? Both kids are still asleep, I haven't had a shower and I still need to get all of my stuff done!! Oh well!! Rush around and get out of the house, meet mom and dad and leave all of the kids stuff with them. We are heading out of town and I look down and realize, I will be Ryan's girlfriend today and not his wife!! All of my jewelry was left on my nightstand, my wedding ring included.

We get to Lubbock and go the long way around to Jones stadium. I tried to tell him to go a different way, but like with last time, he went a different way. Hmm...you would think he would know better by now! Finally get there and watched an awesome game. I loved the traditions that Tech has, enjoyed watching the band, and really enjoyed watching Tech win. It is so awesome to see everyone in the stands getting into the game. It wasn't just the student section, it was everyone, young and old alike. Tanner is a lot like the Mills' men-tight lipped about how much he really likes it! At one point during the game, we were surrounded by kids, mostly high school, but some jr. high mixed in and it was hillarious to listen to them. I am so glad that I do not have to go back to that age ever again. It also opened up Ryan's eyes, as to what he is in for with his little girl as there were mostly girls in front of us for a while. We hated to part with our friends, but knew they had to go, next time we will go eat after the game with them!! We did get to meet his parents for supper and had a great visit with them. Our romantic evening ended with us at Home Depot!! I needed a fan for our bedroom and a vacuum cleaner, however, we wound up with a digital thermostat!! We left and came home and I got to sleep late on Sunday. I actually slept way too late. But I needed that time to recharge.

Yesterday was spent doing laundry only to still have 10 more loads to go today and still in trouble for not having clean clothes for everyone!! Jeez, you would think a little gratitude would be nice simply because he did have clean underwear!! Oh well, today will be spent doing more laundry and ironing and maybe a little house cleaning...noticed I said maybe!!

No comments: