Wednesday, March 17, 2010

That's the Way We Roll

I must say that the kids have been acting crazy lately, but I think, it's because Spring is approaching and the weather is warmer and they are tired of being inside all the time.

I was running out of ideas for things for them to do. One night after I folded laundry and got it put up, Tanner was sitting in the laundry basket rocking back and forth. For some reason, I told Ella to get in the other basket and start doing the same thing. I then lined them up on one side of the living room and told them to rock back and forth to make the basket move to the other side of the room. Mr. Competitive, aka Tanner, couldn't stand that his sister was beating him, so he decides to use his hands to help scoot him across the floor. I pulled him back and told him that he had to rock. Needless to say, he was sweating in about 2 minutes from working so hard to catch back up to his sister. Ella was laughing at him telling him "I win, I win, You lost, You lost." Can you tell my children are competitive? Then Ella got tired and decided that she was going to climb in behind her brother and make him rock both of them across the floor. He starts trying and then I hear, "Jeez Tanner, your heavy." Needless to say, Ella bailed on him and decided her little basket was plenty big and she would rather do it herself then let her brother squish her!



They had a blast and asked the other day if their baskets would scoot across the grass. I told them I didn't know but we could see when it warms up. So if you see us with laundry baskets out we are just racing in them!

No comments: