Monday, March 1, 2010

Renewed

This past week, I went on a mini vacation. I was in need of one, but didn't realize til I was gone, just how much I not only wanted it, but needed it. It was a great time relaxing and spending some time with my sister. I was able to spend some time with her a reconnect with her in a way that we haven't had a chance to. It was great. We ate, and laughed, and ate, and laughed and shopped and laughed some more. I can't tell you how much I have needed that with her. I didn't realize til I left just how much I had missed her. In our daily lives, we get drawn into the daily tasks that we think we have to get done, and sometimes forget to tells those who mean the most to us, how much we appreciate them, how much we love them or even a simple hello. I had an amazing time just being able to spend time with her.

Then I came home and was wore out from doing really nothing, except driving. I got home late and couldn't get wound down from the drive, so I didn't make it to bed til 4am Saturday morning. But, I did make up for not sleeping and slept til almost noon. I haven't done that in I can't tell you when. I felt better and happier than I have in a while. I started putting stuff up, cleaning and getting laundry done. I'm no where close to being finished putting stuff up and going through stuff, but I started and that is a big accomplishment for me.

Sunday started and ended on the same note. Which for me is unusual. Lately, I have being going to church and renewing my relationship with God. I do have to say, that I didn't know if I was ready when I started, but I must say, the journey til now has helped me the way I always knew it should, but didn't want to face it. I felt guilty for a while for not going, then when I did go (sporadically) I felt as if I were there for the wrong reason, now when I go, it's because I want to be there and can't wait to hear the lesson this Sunday. And every lesson is what I need to hear at that given time, like what I have struggled with that week, or have struggled with in the past or that has bothered me and it's like this is what I need to hear right now. Last night, Tanner couldn't go to sleep. He asked if he could talk to me and I told him anytime he wanted to. I couldn't tell if he had been crying or not and I asked him what was wrong. He and I started talking about baptism and salvation. I must say I was surprised and told him that we would start studying together and reading the Bible. He said he wanted to do that and be ready for when Jesus returned. I told him we would be. I didn't know quite what to do or say, but felt we both need to start studying the Bible more. This morning after I got Tanner up to start getting ready, he gave me a hug and told me thanks for understanding and listening to him.

So today I stand renewed and refreshed and ready to go again. Last week and this weekend have been exactly what I have needed to start again.

2 comments:

Charla (SHar-la) said...

I'm so glad you were able to get away for a while and renew your mind and spirit. Everyone, but I think in particular, women, needs a getaway every once in a while...especially when it involves other girlfriends and/or sisters.

I was so excited to read that Tanner has been asking you questions about his salvation, and I'm so proud of you for getting involved with church again. I have had a few times in my life where I have strayed from what I truly believed, but I ALWAYS felt God calling me back. I'm sure that's how you feel.

If you ever need anything, you know I'd be glad to help you and the kids in any way.

Take care and have a GREAT week full of God's blessings!

Marci said...

Thank you Charla for the wonderful words of encouragement. That means a lot to me. I know I am not perfect and I hope that with Tanner beside me, that we can do this together!