Monday, December 21, 2009

Tis the Season

I love this time of year!! Sitting here typing this, I am getting more and more anxious about Christmas. I'm ready for the kids to open presents and see what they got from Santa!!

However, I was ready to throw it all out the window last night. The kids came home wound up. I'm not meaning wound up, laughing giggling, wound up. I mean wound up wrestlin' moves wound up!! Ella was literally hanging off of her brother's neck. Tanner didn't do much to help keep his sister off though! About every 5 minutes I was telling Tanner to sit down and leave Ella alone or telling Ella to quit screaming at her brother or quit dropping her elbow into him as she was falling on top of him!! This is how I know Christmas is just around the corner, the kids start doing wilder things just to see if Santa is truly watching and just to see how much they can get away with. About the time I finally get them settled down, the tree starts crashing down!! So, as everyone is running to save the tree, the kids start hanging on each other and jumping on top of one another. I'm holding the tree, dad is trying to see where the base is broken and mom is trying to pull all 50 million presents from under the tree so they don't get crushed. Mom had to pull out her Christmas tree and assemble it while I'm holding the broken one. Then one by one we move the ornaments from the broken tree to the not broken tree. Ella realizes that we don't have lights on the not broken tree and has a complete melt down. I told her to get over it and help move ornaments (I know,I'm a terrible mother!!) Anyway, about an hour later, we got everything put back together and the broken tree to the dumpster. The kids finally went to bed around 10, but Ella didn't stay there long! Oh what a night!! I've got to come up with some ideas for the kids over the next two weeks.

I hope everyone has a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!! May you find peace, joy and love this holiday season!!!

No comments: