Thursday, February 17, 2011

Brighter Day

I talked in my resolutions post that I would work harded at giving things to God and let him be the ONE who makes the decisions in my life. I write all of this to also help me be more accountable. 2011 started out rocky and the stress grew and grew. I was praying and asking God for help. I didn't know what to do and I certainly didn't have control or I wouldn't have been so stressed out. My stress finally came to a head and I had had all I could physically take and amazing thing happened. Granted, I know it's not how or what I wanted but HE stopped me. I felt like he told me to stop and my body did just that. I started getting sick, I had severe headaches for 4 days in a row. I felt terrible and looked just as bad. I kept willing myself to go because I had two kids to take care of and two jobs to get to. Tuesday, I thought, if I am not better by the morning I am going to the doctor. I can't do these headaches another day and I am wore out. I came to work Tuesday morning and by 11:30 I was home in bed. I have never slept so good in all my life as I did those 3 hours and that night. Wednesday I woke up feeling better, not great, but better. By the end of Wednesday I felt like me again. Still had a weak headache, but I could function again.

Today, my headache is gone, my stress is gone and I know what HE was doing. He was making me stop and forget everything else. I asked for his guidance and help with what I was dealing with. He got my attention and today I begin a brighter day working to be a better me because it's what I need to be with God's help. I need to not worry about all the things I was worrying about, and struggling with. There is a bigger picture, I haven't seen any of it yet, but I know it's there waiting. Sometimes what we ask for and what we get are not what HE has in mind for us. I'm still a work in progress and trying very hard every day.

4 comments:

Charla (SHar-la) said...

Love this post!

Marci said...

Thank you.

Unknown said...

wow.......nice blog i like it.
http://entertainment-king.blogspot.com/

ADDENDUM handmade said...

Beautiful blog. And your kids are so cute!