Monday, April 12, 2010

Birthday Weekend


We had an awesome weekend!! We got to celebrate Tanner's birthday on Sunday and had cookie cake, candles, drinks, and several boys having a great time. It seems so surreal at times that he is 9 years old. I remember him being born and not knowing what to name him. (I know, I'm a terrible mom!) The thing is when he was born, I had no idea if he was going to be a boy or a girl. So, I had no boy names picked out. Finally, after many suggestions, he was named Tanner. He was my surprise and continues to surprise me to this day.

Tanner is a protector, a friend, a son and amazing! To this day, he is very over-protective of his sister. He panics when she cries, and worries when she is hurt. Even though they act like brother and sister, anytime something happens to her, he is the first there. He has many friends and loves to be around them all. It is so neat to watch the way he interacts with everyone, because it is different with each of his friends.





God gave me the best gift he could have ever given me, not only Tanner, but Ella as well. They have made me laugh when I didn't know if it was possible. To live life full each day with them.


This is one of the many pictures we take before we can get a good one...


and finally a good one...

1 comment:

Karin said...

I'm so glad you guys had fun. Tanner is such a great kid! He is so intelligent, and he is definitely a protector. Tell him I said happy belated birthday. I love you, Tanner!