Monday, August 10, 2009

Patience


When my children are good, they are oh so sweet!! I wouldn't give them up for the world. When my children are bad, I just want to reach over and smack them! Tanner just turned 8 and loves to pick on his sister. Ella just turned 3 and LOVES to do ANYTHING to get her brother in trouble. (She has a halo, but it is ALWAYS tilted!)Since I have Fridays off, the kids and I usually sleep late, get something to eat, just chill until we have to get dressed. This Friday, their Nesey was in town and they were up at 7 ready to go! Get them dressed and out the door to breakfast with Nesey. That afternoon I decided to go to Wal-Mart. Usually Tanner is pretty laid back and Ella, well, she gets put in the basket and tied down, hands and all. If she isn't, I buy things I had no idea I was buying until I check out. For some strange reason, I didn't put her in the basket. Instead, I let her help me push the basket. I had to go to the vacuum cleaner aisle to look for a filter. As I am standing there, Ella decides to ram her brother with the basket. Not once, but twice....the second time trying to chase him down the aisle. The first time I told her to stop in my mother tone, but she laughed and chased him down!! Ok, forget what I was after, the sooner I get out the better and safer my kids will be. On the way to the food aisles, via the toy aisles, Ella forgets about trying to run over Tanner. We are happy and loving on each other again and picking out what all they want for Christmas (I need to win the lottery!!) So I go down the laundry aisle first, guess who didn't forget they got ran over with the basket. Yep, Tanner tried to mow his sister down with the basket! I get on to him and he immediately quits and starts defending himself...."But mom, she ran over me first and then chased me." What do I do now? I put Ella in the basket and Tanner in front of the basket...guess who decides to climb out of the seat and into the back of the basket so she can hit her brother!! UGH!! I was so frustrated that I forgot half of everything on the list. New rule...NO KIDS ARE ALLOWED TO GO TO WAL-MART WITH ME. EVER! At least not together!!

1 comment:

Rochelle said...

Hey Marci! Just know i'm cautiously laughing... I've already decided that the major Walmart runs will be at midnight without kids -- it has to be easier, right?