Thursday, August 27, 2009

My Soon to Be Chef

After work today I went to pick up Tanner from my mom's house. As we were leaving he was telling me about his plan that he and two of his friends have come up with. Interesting and intriguing to say the least. As we were talking about it, I realized the three of them have thought it out well. I laughed to myself in amazement at the details that the three of these third graders have come up with. Tanner, Caleb, and Grayson have come up with a great idea to open a restaurant. Instead of a big restaurant, it will be a small stand until they can afford to buy some tables and chairs. As they make more money they will get a bigger place. There will be themed meals and if serving at night they will have flashlights instead of candles. They will take turns taking money, being the chef and the idea maker. They have decided that the first time they serve food it will be a rainforest theme. They will start off with a simple menu at first and then add more specialized foods. They will serve mashed potato sandwiches, potato salad sandwiches, tuna salad sandwiches. Their prices are going to be $3.59 per meal. Extras will be $.10, extras include cutting the crust off the bread, extra cheese, extra mayonaise, or extra potatoes. He asked if one night for his themed dinner if he could borrow my bread recipe. I told him he could. He knows what ingredients go in the spread for the bread and does a fabulous job making it himself. He knows I don't measure any of it and what it tastes like and can make it just like mine. Tanner said that in a few years, he figures they will have a franchise.
As I am sitting here typing this, I still sit in amazement as to what these three boys have thought up. They have an idea, a plan and the steps to take to get to where they want to be. I am also sitting in amazement as to why three boys at the age of 8 are planning on opening up a restaurant.

1 comment:

Charla (SHar-la) said...

I want to eat there! Sounds delish! And tell Tanner I would suggest making it BYOF...Bring Your Own Flashlight...it will cut down on costs!

:)