Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Hello!

Okay Ryan, you have your wish. Ryan wanted me to keep blogging but not on myspace. Something about him not wanting everyone to know about his quirks!! I don't know. Anyway, I just thought I would tell everyone hello and ask for some advice.

I have been trying, but not really trying, to break Ella of her pacifier. Problem is, the first time I started trying she would suck on her thumb. I was thinking keep the paci longer, but now, it's an extension of her hand. I'm just not sure what to do to break her of it and keep her from going to her thumb again. Any suggestions? I did not have this problem before with Tanner and I just don't know.

5 comments:

Charla (SHar-la) said...

Okay, obviously I have no advice as far as the pacifier, but I do want to say I'M SO GLAD YOU ARE BLOGGING NOW!!! Yay! AND, I've been thinking that we need to get together again soon! Before summer starts and we all get way too busy! Ha!

Sharon said...

Cut a hole in it. That's what Sarah did to Dakota. She told him that it broke and she cut a hole in every single one. He eventually got tired of finding them all broken and gave up. My other sister Shanon told my nephew Cole that the moon took it. He was sad, but it worked. She took them all out of the house so he couldn't find one. Look at it this way, at least her thumb doesn't look like it's about to fall off like Sutton's.

allie nelson said...

i have no advice either...sorry! olivia still sucks her thumb.....but we never even bring it up...and recently she has started sucking it less...just when she's sleepy.

Good Luck...

Fun Family Fitness said...

I am so glad that you are bloggin'.....I agree with Sharon...I heard alot of people say that works...also...let her have it just at night...and then finally throw it away...(another thing that I am not excited about...paci's....) With my kids...I just threw them away...and they never asked for it again....there is never a perfect answer...good luck though...

Anonymous said...

Marci,
We did the cutting of the binky too.
Once the cut was put in there it was just like sucking air..They didn't like that and eventually just gave up the paci...
Try it and be consistent...It is hard the first night but it will get better.
Glad to have you blogging!